Learn more about vegetables for weight loss and how to cook them.
You may be surprised to learn that spinach belongs to the same family as beets and chard. It is delicious, tastes good in many dishes, and is ideal for weight loss:
- Spinach is almost entirely composed of water and protein.
- It contains very few carbohydrates.
- There is a lot of fiber in the stems, so never cut them.
- Did you know that spinach leaves also have a lot of nutrients? Most vitamins A, C, E, K, B1, B2, and B6, as well as iron, magnesium, calcium, and a mixture of antioxidants.
How to cook spinach to promote weight loss?
- The best option is the sauteed spinach.
- Do not boil it, as it will lose a lot of nutrients, especially calcium, iron, and magnesium.
- Spinach is perfect for lunch and dinner.
- You can stew it with a little garlic and olive oil or just combine raw spinach leaves with pineapple and nuts in a delicious salad.
Delicious and fresh cucumber is also one of the best vegetables for weight loss due to tartaric acid, which is contained in its pulp and helps prevent the conversion of carbohydrates into fat. Don’t forget about the content of cellulose, which imperceptibly improves digestion, removes toxins, and lowers cholesterol.
Cucumber water recipe
- 1 cucumber;
- 1 liter of water;
- juice of one lemon;
- 1 tbsp chia seeds.
- First, wash and peel the cucumber.
- Then beat it into a blender to a puree with water and lemon juice.
- Add a tbsp of chia seeds to a glass of drink and let it infuse for a few minutes before drinking. Chia will promote weight loss.
- Drink one glass of this drink 20 minutes before eating.
- Take for five days, then take a break for ten.
You may be surprised that pepper is also on our list because its strong taste can sometimes even lead to stomach disorders. The secret is that pepper should be consumed raw and in small quantities, then it contributes to the loss of extra pounds.
Here are its main benefits:
- According to the Center for Human Nutrition at the University of California, pepper helps the body burn more calories.
- Pepper, regardless of type and color, contains a lot of capsaicin, a component that stimulates fever and thus promotes weight loss.
How to eat pepper to lose weight?
Always eat peppers raw and in small quantities, chopped or cut into small strips in salads.
Tomatoes are ideal vegetables for weight loss and the removal of toxins from the body. They contain many antioxidants, bioflavonoids, vitamins A, B, C, B3, and K, minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, zinc, magnesium, potassium, sodium, manganese, etc. In addition, tomatoes have very few calories.
Tomato juice for weight loss
- 1 tomato;
- 2 glasses of water;
- juice of half a lemon;
- 2 carrots.
- First, wash the tomatoes and carrots and beat them in a blender to a puree.
- You will get vegetable juice, which then needs to be mixed with two glasses of cold water, and add lemon juice.
- This slimming drink can be drunk twenty minutes before a meal for five days.
- Then take a break for less than five days and repeat the course.
If you follow a proper diet and exercise every day, you will notice that you have lost a few pounds. In addition, tomato juice is very tasty.
5. Onions and garlic
Both onions and garlic are excellent vegetables for weight loss. They also improve the condition of the body as a whole. Both vegetables help remove toxins and excess fat that has accumulated in the body. This will improve liver function and protect the cardiovascular system.
They help prevent or reduce fluid absorption and act as effective natural antibiotics. So why not add them to your diet?
How to use garlic and onions for weight loss?
- Start your day with a clove of raw garlic and a glass of water on an empty stomach.
- Add raw onions to salads, this way it will retain more of its useful properties and cleanse the body of toxins more effectively.
Picture Credit: Unsplash