The liver is the only organ that can repair itself. Many people are aware of this fact and often neglect the symptoms that indicate liver disease.
One of the most common symptoms is steatosis (hepatosis) of the liver. In this disease, fat cells are deposited in the liver and interfere with its normal functioning. It is possible to diagnose fatty liver at ultrasonic inspection.
There are still 5 signs that can be used to diagnose fatty liver:
- Bitter taste in the mouth. Due to the violation of the outflow of bile in the mouth may appear a taste of bitterness or a metallic taste. It usually occurs after a meal.
- Pain in the right hypochondrium. Aching, dull pain in the upper abdomen on the right side – this is always a reason to see a doctor. Especially if it happens for a long time. Most often it is a symptom of dyskinesia of the biliary tract, but ultrasound should be done in any case.
- Nausea and vomiting. If these two symptoms are the result of poisoning, then vomiting usually comes with relief. If after gastric lavage it does not become easier, then this is a clear sign of fatty liver.
- Anorexia. If you do not want to eat for a long time, and the weight is rapidly decreasing, then go to the doctor immediately. This can be a symptom of both stress and oncology. Besides, lack of appetite is one of the main signs of liver disorders.
- Severe fatigue. With fatty hepatosis, the liver cannot function normally. The body is filled with toxins, and a person feels very tired. Neither sleep nor rest on the couch with your favorite book will not restore strength.
Remember, the liver has the ability to recover. Therefore, liver hepatosis is successfully treated. The main thing is to detect it in time and start therapy.
The main treatment is to follow a strict diet. Together with her, the doctor selects the medication individually. It can be antispasmodics, and hepatoprotective medicine, and cholagogues.
It is necessary to eat 5 times a day, and to prepare food on steam, to cook and grind.
If necessary, you can drink vitamins A, C, B1, B12, B9, PP, K. Of course, after seeing a doctor.
But what will help your liver?
- Dairy foods
Milk soups, milk kefir, sour milk can to “absorb” toxins (including substances that enter the body with polluted air) and excrete them.
- Whole-grain foods
Soups on vegetable broth with cereals, whole grain cereals, black bread – to improve the absorption of nutrients and mechanically reduce the impact on the mucosa.
- Low-fat food
Boiled lean meat, boiled low-fat fish – provides a sufficient amount of the required protein.
Not sour berries, greens – are the high-quality fiber that helps the intestines.
- Gray roots
Carrots, beets – can increase intestinal motility.
What foods should be limiting?
- Cheese – up to 200 g per day
- Honey and sugar – up to 70 g per day
- Vegetable oil – up to 20-30 g per day
- Egg – 1 per day
- Salt – up to 10 g per day
What foods should be eliminating?
- Poultry offal
- Fatty meat and fish
- Canned food
- Confectionery creams
Thistle for your liver
To improve liver function is recommending tea made from seeds or herbs of thistle.
Recipe: 1 tsp of seeds or herbs thistle pour 1 cup boiling water, infuse 10-20 minutes, strain, and take half an hour before lunch and at night before bedtime.
Picture Credit: Pexels