There is no way to stop the flow of time, however, the extent to which it affects you personally also depends on your lifestyle. Some people opt for expensive creams and other anti-aging and anti-wrinkle products, but there are other simpler ways to fight it.
1. Your diet
Toxins in the body can affect the metabolism, and cause fluid stagnation, which means a failure in detoxification processes. Both factors have a very negative effect on the condition and appearance of your skin, you age much faster.
And how to prevent this? A healthy and proper diet is synonymous with external beauty. Antioxidants found in healthy foods help protect the body from free radicals and resist the passage of time.
Drink natural juices from oranges, lemons, pineapple, and strawberries. Every day, try to make yourself a rich salad with a variety of ingredients: fresh vegetables, lean meat, fish, and nuts. And definitely say goodbye to salt and refined sugar forever.
2. Be careful with the sun
Of course, we all love the sun, especially in the summer. However, you should always remember that while reasonable exposure to the sun during certain periods of the day can help you get the vitamin D you need, it’s important not to overdo it:
- The sun’s rays accelerate the aging process. If you are in the sun without sunscreen for a long time, they are the enemy of your skin’s health.
- Use some kind of sunscreen in your daily skincare routine.
3. Stress and negative emotions
Continuous experiences will literally bring your old age closer. This may sound a bit exaggerated, but it is the truth:
- Long-term stress, which becomes chronic with daily experiences, can generally worsen the quality of your life.
- If you cannot overcome sadness and worry, your health will suffer. Depression always goes hand in hand with physical disorders such as migraine, digestive disorders, and musculoskeletal pain. This combination of physical and emotional suffering inevitably accelerates the aging process.
- Learn how to manage stress. Set your priorities right and promote the emergence of pleasant emotions thanks to a peaceful life full of hope, dreams, and interesting projects.
If positivity prevails in life, inner harmony will be reflected on the outside.
4. Drink a lot of water
Adequate water intake is very important for a healthy body and skin and for general well-being. Thanks to water, your body is able to ensure the optimal functioning of all organs, and eliminate toxins and harmful compounds that can cause inflammation and premature aging.
That is why it is important to drink six to eight glasses of water a day. If you don’t like the taste of plain water, you can add a little lemon juice.
5. Diversify your life
Everyone has daily responsibilities, however, it is important at least sometimes to do something new and break out of the boring routine. Monotony, the lack of new stimuli for learning and personal growth reduces the activity of the brain and body.
6. Night’s sleep
Sufficient rest and peaceful sleep allow you to wake up in the morning and feel that you have rested. For a good night’s sleep, follow these tips:
- Your dinner should be light. Eat it at least two hours before bedtime.
- Turn off your computer and phone two hours before going to bed.
- Take a walk for half an hour before going to bed.
- Take a warm shower.
- Drink tea with lemon balm or rose water.
- Read a book that will relax your mind.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate