Joints are the point where two or more bones meet, covered with an articular bag, inside which is a synovial (lubricating) liquid. Joints are located where there is a clear movement: flexion and extension, retraction and reduction, rotation.
Joints are divided into simple (consisting of two bones) and complex (combining three or more bones). Around them are located periarticular tissues: muscles, ligaments, tendons, vessels and nerves, which are responsible for the normal working capacity of the joint.
Any negative impact on adjacent tissues immediately affects the joint.
Scientists have calculated that during life, the joints of the fingers are reduced, on average, 25 million times!
The most useful products for joints
- Low-fat red meat, eggs. These foods are rich in iron, helping to remove excess phosphorus.
- Green vegetables, apricots, raisins, dates, prunes, bran, buckwheat honey. These foods are rich in magnesium – an element responsible for the health of nerves serving joints.
- Ice cream. It is allowed to use only cream and milk ice cream. Contains useful fats and calcium.
- Fish and seafood. They contain organic (useful) phosphorus, which is necessary for joints.
- Milk, cottage cheese and cheese. These products are rich in organic calcium, which, unlike the inorganic, does not have the habit of being deposited in the form of stones, but is used to strengthen bones and maintain an electrolytic balance in the cells of the body. (Do not combine with products containing oxalic acid: sorrel, rhubarb, spinach).
- Sea kale, cartilage, and all of which make a jellied and cold. These products are rich in mucopolysaccharides, which ensure the normal operation of the joint, since they are similar to the synovial fluid.
- Gelatin. Like previous products, it has a gelling effect. But in addition to salty foods, it can also be added to all sorts of juices, getting a gorgeous jelly.
- Liver of fish, butter, egg yolk. Contain vitamin D, responsible for the preservation of calcium in the bones.
- Herring, olive oil. The source of vitamin F, which has an anti-inflammatory effect on the joints.
- Citrus, dog rose, currant. A reliable source of vitamin C, which is responsible for nourishing the joints.
In order to keep the joints healthy, you must abandon the pickled vegetables. It is better to ferment them.
Food should be prepared in a special container, to preserve vitamins.
Fruits and berries for winter use should either be dried or frozen. In this case, all the vitamins will be preserved.
When cooking vegetables and fruits, reduce the time of heat treatment to preserve vitamins.
Products harmful to the joints
Products that contain inorganic phosphates.
Among them are leading: carbonated beverages, bread from the highest grade flour, baking powder added to bread and pastries, crab sticks, processed cheese, ice cream (most types).
- The use of these products may bring the time when osteoporosis and stiffness become permanent companions in life, and rheumatologists, neurologists and orthopedists become best friends.
- Marinated and smoked products. Contain many inorganic salts that irritate the articular bag, causing inflammation and deformity of the joints.
- Tea, chocolate, coffee, fatty pork, lentils, liver. Contain purines, which cause changes in the joint bag. They are the main cause of gout.
- Sorrel, spinach, radish. Contain a large amount of oxalic acid, which irritates the periarticular nerves and disrupts the nutrition of the joints.
A specialized diet does not exist for those who suffer from joint diseases. However, there are products that can improve the well-being of joint problems. Keep them in your diet!
To read more about nutrients and well being visit doctor Decuypere blog
Image credit: naturwohl-gesundheit